Today!
4:00 PM in 141 Loomis
Physics colloquium today! Presenter today is Dr. Steven Ritz, hailing from sunny and warm UCSC with his talk "Physics from Two Cosmic Surveys: the Fermi Gamma-ray Telescope and the Large Synoptic Survey Telescope." I always forget to post about colloqiums, but today I remembered -- don't forget to come down early for cookies and coffee/tea!
8:00 PM in the Interaction Room
Gan's movie night tonight! They'll be showing Frank, showcasing Michael Fassbender's indomitable acting talents. It also has Maggie Gyllenhaal (who probably makes it to my top 5 female crushes, and I think was a fine Rachel in The Dark Knight).
And that's all I have! Good luck wrapping up what might be a hectic week, and have fun over Thanksgiving break! And in case you're staying on campus for most of next week, don't worry, you're not alone -- I will be here, too, attempting to do work, but most likely just watching movies and working my way though my 500-movie-long Netflix queue. Hit me up if you know me.
Also, I updated the calendar, but for some reason I'm being a dummy about the sidebar, so for now, I highly recommend adding the PGSA movie calendar to your Google calendars. I have updated it with Gan's Movie Nights and Phys. Rev. which is sneaking up on us (Dec. 5th!), so get your video submissions in order!
And thanks to those of you who submitted to the Suggestions link/survey thing. I updated the Officers page, I'll keep you updated on Batman movie nights, and thank you, yes, I think the Suggestions box is a good idea, too :)